NO TILL DRILL RENTAL
The Vermilion Soil and Water Conservation District is proud to provide it’s producers with a no-till drill for their use.
Our goal is to provide them with the most current and useful means of preserving all of our natural resources possible. We do, however, want to explain some of the requirements prior to your renting this piece of equipment. Please observe the following:
The rental agreement will be filled out with you the day you rent the no-till drill. Please read it carefully.
· Bring personal checks or cash with you when you pick up the no-till drill, as you will be required to pay a deposit of $ 8.00 for each acre you plan on planting and a $100.00 refundable cleaning/damage deposit.
· The vehicle you use to pick up the no-till drill must have a 2” x 2” tow hitch.
· The vehicle you use to pick up the no-till drill must have trailer light hook-ups.
· We recommend that you buy your seed prior to picking up the no-till drill.
· Rental will be on a first come, first serve basis.
· Do not exceed 20 miles per hour on the road.
· Do not make sharp turns without lifting the drill – it could damage coulters, wheels and sprockets.
· Do not use any type of fertilizer in this drill – seeds only.
· You will need tools to handle a 1 ½” nut and bolt and a 15/16” nut and bolt.
Acres represented on the drill counter are what must be paid by renter. Setting/Calibration of the drill is the responsibility of the renter.
Contact our district technician Matt Miller to schedule rental on the drill at 337-893-5664 extension 3 or come by our field office at 3221 Veterans Memorial Drive Suite H Abbeville LA 70510.